Non-profits and Churches
A non-profit organization or church needs legal counsel that understands their unique needs. David Edwards has regularly advised non-profit organizations over the years, addressing the unique needs of these organizations such as:
- Creating a new not-for-profit corporation.
- Effectively operating a new charity or ministry.
- Registering with the Illinois Attorney General as a charitable organization.
- Applying to the Internal Revenue Service for approval as a 501(c)(3), tax-exempt organization.
- Drafting bylaws and considering corporate governance issues.
- Responding to church authority disputes.
- Dissolving charitable organizations.
- Helping an organization create an effective board of directors.
David Edwards regularly gets phone calls from a church pastor or other ministry leader with a legal question. Some of those questions are answered informally, for free, and others become a continuing attorney/client relationship. If you need help or have questions about your charity, ministry or church, call us today at (217) 726-9200. We would love to help your organization make a difference in the lives of others.